Jean Zipagan Bio

Charlie Kimpel '12 (left),  Jean Zipagan '13 (right)


Hi! My name is Jean Zipagan. I'm a junior mechanical engineering student here at Messiah College. I've been involved with the Mobility Tricycle project within the Disability Resources Group in The Collaboratory since my freshman year. In the summer of 2010, a site team to Burkina Faso discovered excessive wear on the axles of the electric tricycles there due to various design factors. Since then, the Mobility team has been working on developing a fix to that problem. During this J-term trip, a fellow team member Charlie Kimpel and I will be implementing a temporary axle solution for the electric tricycles currently in use in Mahadaga in order to ensure our users will be able to continue to use their tricycles. Having lived in The Philippines and Cambodia, I've traveled quite a bit but have never had the opportunity to travel to Africa till now. I'm excited to finally meet and live among the people we're serving.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment